Legal Question in Family Law in Nebraska

custody issue / educational rights

My son has decided to go live with his father in Nebraska. I live in Missouri. I have given my ex husband power of attorney for temporary guardianship of my son to be able to enroll him in school. The school wants my ex-husband to have joint custody of my son so he can make educational decisions for him. My question is do I need to get a lawyer in NE or MO? If NE, does any change in custody need to be in the county where the divorce took place or does that matter? For financial reasons, is there any way to get this done without hiring an attorney?

Asked on 12/01/08, 5:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Re: custody issue / educational rights

If there is a Missouri Court Order of custody then you need to file a Motion to Modify in that Missouri Court. If everyone is in agreement it can be done relatively quickly,easily., and inexpensively. You may feel free to contact me for a consultation if you wish.

Read more
Answered on 12/02/08, 1:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nebraska