Legal Question in Family Law in Nebraska

voided marriage

in 1989 i was married in ne, in 2004 my husband divorced is 1st wife. what are my options now?

Asked on 3/06/09, 4:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Olson David F. Gram & Associates, LLC

Re: voided marriage

You don't say where you live now (I assume Wisconsin) or where your husband was previously married and/or was divorced. I suspect NE law will determine your status. Some state laws validate the second marriage after the first one has been terminated, many still treat as an invalid marriage subject to annulment. If you both want to stay married to each other - it might be best to go through another ceremony. If not get specific information about the dates and places of all marriages and the prior divorce (including a copy of the divorce decree to see what THAT says.

Then probably contact a NE attorney.

Read more
Answered on 3/06/09, 6:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nebraska