Legal Question in Family Law in Nebraska

I recieved full custody of my son, but my problem is the visitation that is set up. I was pushing for supervised visits due to his live in girlfriend was charged twice with felony child abuse which was plead down to 3rd degree assault on a minor. how do i exclude her from his home so i can keep my son away from her.

Asked on 1/19/11, 7:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Duke Drouillard Drouillard Law, LLC

That is a common problem in these cases. It isn't the child's fault that you and his father didn't stay together. There are four different sets of rights here. You have a right to custody of the child. Father has a right to visitation. Child has a right to see both of his parents. Father and girlfriend have a right to share their lives together. Unless girlfriend does something else that presents a risk to the child and it is brought to the court's attention, nothing is likely to change. If you make accusations against girlfriend that appear frivolous or cannot be proved, the court is likely to take a very dim view of your actions. Be patient, be cautious.

Read more
Answered on 2/10/11, 12:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nebraska