Legal Question in Immigration Law in Nebraska

My friend is a legal immigrant from Africa. He wants to leave his wife and take his two young sons back to Africa. Are there complications here?

Asked on 10/03/14, 2:49 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

Yes, each state has it's own laws regarding child custody, but I doubt any Court would allow a parent to take a child outside the country without explicit permission. Your frirnd needs to speak with a Family Law attorney; this is not a U.S. Immigration & Nationality Law issue.

Read more
Answered on 10/03/14, 6:05 pm
Rahul Manchanda, Esq. Manchanda Law Office PLLC


Please call me at (212) 968-8600 or toll-free at (800) 750-1828.

Kind regards,


Read more
Answered on 10/12/14, 10:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Nebraska