Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Nebraska

Power of Attorney forms

My sister's permanent address is

Nebraska, but she is in a nursing

home in Iowa and wants to sign over

power of attorney to me. Would we

need to file a power of attorney form

in Nebraska? I want to get a form

online to get to her but am not sure

what state to get it from. Thank


Asked on 2/20/08, 7:42 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Monte Schatz Attorney at law

Re: Power of Attorney forms

The POA used should be the state of the residence where the principal (the person granting the power of attorney) resides. In this case it would be Iowa. It should be signed in front of a notary public.

Read more
Answered on 2/21/08, 11:29 am
Duke Drouillard Drouillard Law, LLC

Re: Power of Attorney forms

She should execute a power of attorney in the state she is physically present and signs in front of a public notary.

Read more
Answered on 2/20/08, 7:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Nebraska