Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Nebraska

I need help regading a trust fund/ will...have a question...My brother is the "trustee" of the tust...he has the total trust in his possessionat this moment. liquid assets now. He is dragging his feet to put it mildly on giving me my 1/2 of the $375,000plus. What can I do to get my share?

Asked on 10/24/11, 11:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Duke Drouillard Drouillard Law, LLC

Trusts are usually administered without supervision by the courts; that is one of the advantages to a trust. A trust is not the same thing as a Will, although Wills may sometimes create a trust. The trustee still has a legal duty to administer the trust according to the laws of Nebraska. If you believe he is not doing what he is supposed to do, then you will need to hire an attorney to investigate the handling of the trust for you. If your brother is not doing his job as trustee properly, then your attorney can insist that he comply with the law or file suit against him to bring the matter before a court.

Read more
Answered on 10/24/11, 1:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Nebraska