Legal Question in Banking Law in Nevada

Blocked acct.

State chartered bank with NO court order, blocked an 87 yr olds account. Told the conservator/ guardian over the person with Letters from a Court to get a court order with specific instructions that it's ok to give the last 6 months bank statements to them. Ward was present, too. Will not let Ward have any funds to eat and pay his bills! Additionally, there's $20,000 to $30,000 missing from his acct from the last six months. Conservator (CA court) wanted the copies of bank statements to take to court Wednesday. We don't know who (or how) those funds were accessed. The court never blocked his accounts since March, 08. Can guardian sue for damages on behalf of ward?

Asked on 11/10/08, 12:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Warren Markowitz Warren R. Markowitz, Esq

Re: Blocked acct.

Yes. A guardian that is in charge of the persons property may bring an action on behalf of the ward as if the ward was bringing the action himself.

Read more
Answered on 11/11/08, 1:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in Nevada