Legal Question in Business Law in Nevada

I have a deed of trust from a debtor that lists a rental property as collateral for the loan. It was drawn up by a loan broker who is no longer in business, and the broker did not record the deed of trust. The Clark County, NV, recorder’s office will not record the document because the debtor’s signature was not notarized. The debtor has been making payments on the loan, but we do not get along very well. What are my options? I live in FL. Ken

Asked on 4/10/20, 8:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paul Malikowski Malikowski Law Offices, Ltd.

Your unsecured claim, if the loan is in default, can be sued upon and, if the suit is successful, can become a recorded money judgment lien on the rental property. Your attorney can explain further.

Read more
Answered on 4/10/20, 10:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Nevada