Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

my husband inherited money from his family. he has it in a separate account so it seems it would NoT be considered community property. I think we should get a revolkable living trust as we get older but wonder it that inheritance could be put in it?

Asked on 11/11/20, 8:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Smith James E. Smith Ltd.

Your husband probably does not want to commingle his inheritance money with his community property money. He should keep the inheritance money in his own trust and you should do your own. He can designate, as can you, to leave money to you as you can leave money to him. The children can be beneficiaries of both trust. You will avoid probate this way.

Read more
Answered on 11/11/20, 9:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada