Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

The police were called due to a fight my husband and I were having. He left the house before they arrived, I was pretty bruised up on my arms and back. Now, he has to go court b/c of domestic voience. We have children involved and we are trying to make things work. How does that work out in court? Will I have to testify? We are still living together and married. This will be his first offense.

Asked on 10/23/09, 6:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jim Herbe Black & Lobello

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your husband's criminal offense will have no bearing on the custody of your children. You would need to file a matter in Family Court to address those issues. If you'd like to discuss your options in more detail feel free to contact me directly.


Jim Herbe, Esq.

Black & Lobello


Read more
Answered on 11/04/09, 2:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada