Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

I have primary physical custody of our three children (16, 14, &10;) and we share joint legal custody. I live in MO, he lives in NV, NV holds jurisdiction over our custody case. We were co-parenting nicely over the last year, and decided the kids needed to finish out the school year with him and come back home. He's financially responsible for flying them back and forth in lieu of child support, but now cannot afford to fly them home, and has asked me to fly them home. However, because our oldest wishes to stay with him, he's only asking to fly the younger two home. Our case has been pro se and filing fee free until he tried to take me back to court 3+ years ago and had a lawyer, forcing me to have a lawyer. Case was decided, lawyers withdrawn, no activity since our last orders. One, now that we've had lawyers involved, do we have to have lawyers any time either of us wish to file? Two, how do I legally proceed to get our children back home to MO even though the children are on a visitation?

Asked on 5/02/17, 6:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys


No you do not have to have legal counsel to file. Juristiction will remain in nevada until all parties have left. If you need further assistance or would like to schedule a phone consultation. Please contact out office at 702 816 5200

Read more
Answered on 5/02/17, 7:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada