Legal Question in Personal Injury in Nevada

An acquaintance was driving my car and rear ended another car (I was a passenger). She then drove off; I panicked! She parked about a mile away and ran off. Literally, RAN AWAY! I did not return to the scene (had been drinking... hence, her driving) and have not been able to reach her since. What should I do?! I don't want to be legally blamed for this but am sick about the situation and need a course of action.

Asked on 5/25/12, 4:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Smith James E. Smith Ltd.

The Hit and Run detail needs to be contacted as if they trace you down you will go to jail. I suggest getting an attorney to report this to Hit and Run. You may have to come forward and give a statement. If the other person was injured the driver has committed a felony Hit and Run.

Read more
Answered on 5/25/12, 6:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Nevada