Legal Question in Personal Injury in Nevada

If you are involved in a car accident in your company truck and the other party is at fault, do you need to get a lawyer to handle possible personal injury, or will this be handled by the company? I can see that the company will ensure their truck is paid for; but I am not sure if the company will represent the driver of the company car for injuries that may show up later. The accident occurred while the driver was on duty. The other party was sited for rear ending the company truck. Thanks.

Asked on 11/27/13, 3:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paul Malikowski Malikowski Law Offices, Ltd.

The company's only interest would be in settling its property damage losses, and any workers compensation claim the on-duty employee might make. However, since workers compensation law and personal injury law cover very different categories of damages, and require very different standards of proof, the injured truck driver should consult competent personal injury counsel to protect his rights against the at-fault driver who was cited.

Your attorney can explain further.

Read more
Answered on 11/27/13, 3:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Nevada