Legal Question in Personal Injury in Nevada

My lawyer withdraw from my case and planned to withdraw too. Should i contact the opposing lawyer or the judge.

Asked on 1/20/16, 9:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rick Williams Law Offices of Frederick D. (Rick) Williams, Chtd.

If your attorney properly withdrew from your case, he/she had to file a notice of such with the Court and copy it to opposing counsel. Now, the burden falls on you to find a new attorney to take the case over and continue the representation of your interests. Until you find someone to take your case, you are representing yourself. If there are important dates looming (like, a hearing or trial or motions that must be filed) you really need to get working on finding substitute counsel ASAP.

Read more
Answered on 2/03/16, 10:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Nevada