Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Nevada

We purchased raw land from an individual that purchased it through a county property tax auction, the auction was in 2003 Apparently at the same time the auction was going through the previous owner transferred into his other company to avoid the taxes. Do we have any recourse with the county for selling property 12 years ago.

Asked on 12/31/15, 2:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paul Malikowski Malikowski Law Offices, Ltd.

You may need to pursue a quiet title lawsuit to the property you purchased, which is recommended in many sales involving tax deed parcels. The County rarely warrants good title in a tax sale. Your real estate attorney can explain further.

Read more
Answered on 12/31/15, 3:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Nevada