Legal Question in Family Law in New Hampshire

I want to adopt my girlfriends daughter and they are all for it. The name of the guy on the birth certificate left when she was 2. Now she turns 16 tomorrow. Never heard from the guy and don't know where he is. How do I go about doing the adoption.

Asked on 11/22/13, 7:09 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Hall Qua, Hall, Harvey & Walsh

The court would likely require some good faith effort to locate. If person cannot be located, then the court likely would authorize notice of the adoption by publication. It would be much cheaper to locate the person and get them to assent to the adoption.

Read more
Answered on 11/22/13, 8:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Hampshire