Legal Question in Personal Injury in New Jersey

My daughter was run over by a car, while a pedestrian while in the crosswalk. There is real time survellience video. The driver was given a $500 fine and a civil judgement. My PIP has now been

exhausted. My daughters injuries are severe and she will need life long treatment. She has her own insurance, private pay, which will only give thirty physical therapy treatments. She goes to therapy 3x weekly. How can we get the responsible parties insurance to cover her treatment?

Asked on 8/24/11, 6:47 am

5 Answers from Attorneys


I appreciate your inquiry. First and foremost, you need to take care your daughter and get the best medical attention that you can find. Then, you need the guidance of a lawyer who is familiar with such matters. My firm regularly handles such injury cases and I would be happy to help you with this claim. There are several ways you may be compensated for your loss but keep in mind that you may have only a limited time to file an action, and even less time if you intend to file against a public entity. So you need to act soon.

Call for a FREE consultation so that I may be able to help you further. Please note that I only have the little information that you put into your question and my response is presented as a general response to that question. It is not intended as, nor should be construed as, legal advice or opinion.


Law Offices of Samuel Z. Brown / THE BROWN LAW FIRM

205 E. Kennedy Blvd.

Lakewood, NJ 08701

Read more
Answered on 8/24/11, 6:53 am
Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

You need to talk to a lawyer. Any good personal injury attorney will be very eager to assist your daughter, so you want to select a very good lawyer.

I see your zip code is Westfield; I am very familiar with your town.

I do not do this kind of work any longer, but I have some smart and tough attorney friends who do. Please call me, and I will assist you.

Robert Davies, Attorney

201 820 3460

Read more
Answered on 8/24/11, 7:12 am
Joel Rosenberg Stark & Stark

The simple answer to that question is make a claim against the driver for damages with the driverís insurance company. The more difficult issue may be the amount of insurance coverage available. Unfortunately, New Jersey in most instances only requires $15,000.00 of coverage. Although greater limits are available, many people do not purchase more coverage. In some instances, what is called a dollar a day policy , provides no liability coverage. In the event that the responsible driver has minimum coverage, your daughter may be eligible for underinsured motorist benefits through the family policy that would step into the shoes of the responsible driver.

Feel free to call me and we could probably narrow the issues in a phone call.

Read more
Answered on 8/24/11, 7:46 am
Daniel Cevallos Cevallos & Wong, LLP

There are a number of insurance issues and potential coverage here. Check out our website at and give me a call at 267.639.3105 to discuss.

Read more
Answered on 8/24/11, 11:42 am
Michael Zerres Blume Forte Fried Zerres & Molinari

Thank you for your inquiry. This firm has handled thousands of cases involving vehicular accidents and pedestrian "knockdowns". If you have not already retained legal counsel with a specialty in this field of personal injury law, you should do so. There are numerous claims which can be made to secure funds to assist your family with the costs of continuing care. Please feel free to visit my firm's website at, and call me to discuss your potential claims... 973-635-5400. We will assist you in whatever way we can.

Read more
Answered on 8/25/11, 5:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New Jersey