Legal Question in Traffic Law in New Jersey

Need my license back

I have old fines and from different municipalities and for driving will suspended. These are 15 years and older. None of them are moving violations and I don't have any points. Two required court appearances(probably warrants now). I also had surcharges, but from what I was told they may be gone due to my bankruptcy. Please advise as to what I can do to get my license back.

Asked on 4/24/06, 12:30 am

3 Answers from Attorneys


Re: Need my license back

I would suggest you contact an attorney to assist you with this. Please feel free to contact me for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 4/26/06, 3:22 pm
Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.

Re: Need my license back

I suggest getting an attorney to navigate all of this for you. To fully answer your question, I need more info. Most of the time when I have these cases, I either get the person a small fine or it even just gets dismissed.

Once we get those out of the way, we can check your license status and work with DMV to get it back for you.

Its possible to do it on your own, but I wouldn't recommend it, especially if there are warrants out there for you since they could pick you up.

Should you have any further questions, feel free to contact my office.

Good Luck!

Jef Henninger, Esq.

Statewide Municipal Court Practice

PH: 732/247/3340

Read more
Answered on 4/24/06, 11:01 am
Blair Lane, Sr Earp Cohn, P.C.

Re: Need my license back

Old Violations

You should retain an Attorney and you will have to re-open the old matters or the matters which caused you to lose your license or have your license suspended. Sometimes the Court records are too old and the Court may not be able to find the records so the charges could be dismissed and probably a fine would be enter for your failure to appear.

Call me for a free initial consultation. Blair C. Lane, Sr., Esquire, is admitted to practice law in the State of New Jersey and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. With more than 18 years experience, Blair represents clients in Municipal Courts throughout the State of New Jersey. The information contained in this response is intended to provide general information regarding a general legal question. This information contained in the response is not to be construed as legal advice and you should not rely upon any information as legal advice. Legal advice can only be obtained through a complete consultation with my office or an attorney admitted to practice law in your State. Any information obtained through this response should not be deemed to create any attorney/client relationship.

Attorney Blair C. Lane, Sr., provides ´┐ŻPersonal - Professional´┐Ż Legal Services for clients through out New Jersey and Pennsylvania with a diversified litigation practice, consisting of assisting clients and their families with various legal matters such as Traffic-Municipal Court Cases, (traffic tickets, drunk driving etc.) throughout the State of New Jersey.

Blair C. Lane, Sr.

Attorney at Law

Earp Cohn P.C., 20 Brace Rd, 4th Floor, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034, E-MAIL: [email protected], Web Site:

Read more
Answered on 4/24/06, 1:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in New Jersey