Legal Question in Traffic Law in New Jersey

unserved summon

I am suing the owner and insured of the vehicle who damaged in my car.

Firstly, he agreed to pay and then he change his mind. I provided the defendant´┐Żs address to serve the summon. The court sent me a notice that was unserved because insufficient address.

I have verified with the Sheriff Office that this individual address in the Motor vehicle is correct.

How can I resolve this problem with the Court?

Which one are my alternatives to recover it trhu his insurance company?

My car has liability insurance only.

Thanks for your input

Asked on 4/18/06, 2:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.

Re: unserved summon

Sounds like you need an attorney. You should repost your question in the personal injury or civil section of this site as traffic law is usually traffic offenses such as speeding.

However, you can hire a process server to serve this person. With most, if not all, you pay nothing until they actually serve the person.

We usually don't get handle PI or other civil cases but we may be able to refer you to an attorney in your area if you contact our office.

Jef Henninger, Esq.


Read more
Answered on 4/18/06, 4:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in New Jersey