Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in New Jersey

I "paid" for a new car for my boyfriend so we it would be easier financially on him to contribute to our relationship(which he did NOT anyway) After 2 years we split up and I would like to get my money back, or the car (which is in his name) Do i have any legal claim?

He says he will pay me back, but it has been 3 months and of course, I have NOT heard from him. (We are in our 50's and yes, I'm STUPID!)

Asked on 4/13/11, 1:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

Don't be too upset. Love is not just blind. It is stupid and often makes mistakes.

You will want to pursue this.

I have handled four lawsuits against former boyfriends/girlfriends where there was real money involved, and I have had some success for my clients. So, you are not out of luck.

Give me a call, make an appointment to come see me, and let's get moving on this for you. No charge for the telephone call and no charge for the first office visit.

Robert Davies, Esq. 201-820-3460

The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

45 Essex Street, Suite 3 West

Hackensack New Jersey 07601

Phone: 201-820-3459

Fax: 201-820-3461

Email: [email protected]


Please keep in mind that my response is just a general comment on your question, and not legal advice. Your question and any response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you and this law firm. The exact details of your situation and things that you have not mentioned in your question can completely change the response I gave. You can not rely upon what I have written, because I do not have all of the information that I need to advise you, I only have the very small amount of information that you put into your question. To get legal advice that you can rely on and use, please contact me directly. I would be happy to assist you.

Read more
Answered on 4/13/11, 1:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in New Jersey