Legal Question in Criminal Law in New Jersey

My husband's ex girlfriend is harassing me. She once chased my car down from my house to the interstate for milesssss driving from lane to lane beside me and throwing things at my car (sadly I only have video evidence of the last 30 seconds of this). She has been to my home twice to try her intimidation tactics. She even let her self into the multi family building as my neighbor forgot to lock the main entrance door. She's also tried calling me with a hidden number. I'm not interested in waiting for her to escalate, I just want this stupidity stopped. Will I be able to get a restraining order?


Asked on 8/23/17, 3:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Allan Marain Law Offices of Allan Marain

You can likely obtain a restraining order, but it would not be a special kind of restraining order called a domestic violence restarining order (DVRO). You cannot obtain a DVRO is because you and the ex-GF never had a "protected relationship." discusses this concept of protected relationships.

You also have additional remedies. You can file criminal complaints against ex-GF for stalking and/or harassment.

Good luck.


Read more
Answered on 8/23/17, 3:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New Jersey