Legal Question in DUI Law in New Jersey


my brother was pulled over and charged with a number of traffic violations. the fines were downgraded to a ''2c.35-10c'' which i think was for a small bag of cocaine (a $20 bag) he has a court date in cherry hill, nj what is the worst that could happen? this is his first offence

Asked on 4/04/09, 12:22 pm

6 Answers from Attorneys

Kenneth Vercammen,Esq. Kenneth Vercammen

Re: 2c..35-10c

Please call our office to schedule an in-office consultation. Visit for articles that may provide incite to your specific situation.

Read more
Answered on 4/15/09, 9:55 am

Salvatore Principato Salvatore Principato, Attorney at Law

Re: 2c..35-10c

There is a drug offense involved under the NJ Code of Criminal Justice. There are special programs for first offenders and charges may later be expunged but the help of a lawyer is highly recommended to avoid harsh unexpected consequences in the future.

Contact me via email for a call back.

Read more
Answered on 4/04/09, 1:56 pm
Gary Moore Gary Moore Attorney At Law

Re: 2c..35-10c

The maximum jail sentence is six months. The maximum fine is $1,000, plus a drug surcharge of $500 and the possible loss of his driving privileges.

If he is a first offender, he can avoid most of these penalties by applying for first offender treatment.

Call me if you like.

Gary Moore, Esquire

Hackensack, New Jersey

Read more
Answered on 4/04/09, 2:15 pm
Ronald Aronds Law Office of Ronald Aronds, LLC

Re: 2c..35-10c

This is a Disorderly Persons Offense, so the worst that could happen would be that he could do up to six months in the county jail. Each case is unique, so I can't say for sure what kind of sentence he may be facing. He may even have an actual defense to the case, and if he does then there may be a possibility of actually winning the case. I am an attorney who has handled many cases similar to yours in various courts throughout New Jersey in the past. Please contact me to discuss your case in more detail. I never charge for simply talking to a person about their case. Thank you.

Sincerely yours, -Ronald Aronds, Esq.-

Read more
Answered on 4/04/09, 2:20 pm
Michael Berman Law Offices of Michael A. Berman

Re: 2c..35-10c

He needs a lawyer...or he can pay the public defender's fee.

This is serious because he may lose his driver's license if he chooses the wrong way to go. A good lawyer will be able to give him options, some better than others. If he has questions, have him call me or write back to [email protected]


Read more
Answered on 4/05/09, 10:11 pm
Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.

Re: 2c..35-10c

I practice in Cherry Hill and would be more than happy to help him. Call me at 732/247/3340 to discuss.

Read more
Answered on 4/04/09, 6:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in New Jersey