Legal Question in Family Law in New Jersey

The Best intrestes of my children.

My ex-wife was arrested for Possesion of narcotics and assult on a minor, it just so happens the minor is my daughter, what can I do to get custody of both of my children who reside with her?And how should a case of abuse both physically and mentally be handled? In the state of New Jersey doesn't a judge take in to affect what the children want? If so why kkep them inprisioned with an abusive mother? What can I do to help my children?

Thank you

Asked on 10/16/02, 11:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Gleaner Robert A. Gleaner, P.C.

Re: Change of custody based on abusive parent

It appears, based on the facts that you have provided to me, that you have a persuasive case to get custody changed, perhaps on an emergent basis. These circumstances are so severe that I think a Judge would be hard pressed to leave the situation as it is. You need to contact an attorney immediately. Feel free to call me at 856-546-8010. Mention Law Guru and your first one hour consultation will be free. Good luck! Rob Gleaner

Read more
Answered on 10/16/02, 12:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Jersey