Legal Question in Immigration Law in New Jersey

I am a US citizen and I have applied for Green Card of my wife. I want to sponsor visitor visa of my family members from my country of origin. Will that in any way effect my wife's Green card processing, like effect on duration of GC case or getting delayed by USCIS?

Asked on 5/05/16, 7:36 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

People no longer need to be "sponsored" for a B-2 visa. However, the visa applicant needs to show ties to their home country & proof that they will not overstay their U.S. visit (bank accounts, job verification, proof of land ownership, proof of other immediate relatives who live in the same country, etc).

Read more
Answered on 5/05/16, 10:03 am
Rahul Manchanda, Esq. Manchanda Law Office PLLC

Please call us at (212) 968-8600. Kind regards, RDM

Read more
Answered on 6/10/16, 12:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New Jersey