Legal Question in Immigration Law in New Jersey

Fiance is from Morocco and living in US with his brother whom is a legal citizen. My fiance an I wanna get married. His student visa ran out like a year ago. I know he won't become a ctizen just like that when we get married. We don't live together until we get married due to religious beliefs. What steps do him an I take in order for him to marry me an become citizen


Asked on 8/09/12, 2:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brian D. Lerner Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A Professional Corporation


Request for Marriage and Adjustment of Status Application

A marriage proposal and application for adjustment of status must be prepared and presented. Our firm can prepare and send this petition to the USCIS office that initially resolved such requests .. The work permit application is also presented and it usually takes several months to get cast. The last interview for the Green Card will be around one year after the filing of the petition. There are a myriad of different ways, exhibitions and information that needs to be completed. Any of these items, if done poorly, it could request denied or delayed indefinitely.



Read more
Answered on 8/11/12, 1:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New Jersey