Legal Question in Personal Injury in New Jersey

If I am the policyholder and my Father is on my policy with his car that is owned by him and registered to him and he gets in an accident, could I be liable/sued? I live in NJ if that means anything.

Asked on 10/22/10, 6:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam L. Rothenberg Levinson Axelrod, P.C.

Your liability is only to the extent of the insurance policy itself unless your father was in your employ or doing a task on your behalf. If he was driving for his own reasons, then you should have no personal liability.

Read more
Answered on 12/04/10, 8:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New Jersey