Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New Jersey

R/E Agent claiming unpaid commission.

I have a couple of houses listed above the market price for development of Condos. I have a developer who accepted to pay the full price asked by the seller. However the sellers refused to sell. I would like to sue the sellers. I would like to give this case to an attorney who would accept to take the case on a contingency basis.

Asked on 11/03/06, 2:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Corbett Corbett Law Firm LLC

Re: R/E Agent claiming unpaid commission.

Assuming that everything else is in order and your contract is in reasonably standard form, you job as a realtor is complete when you find a buyer who is ready, willing, and able to buy. Your proofs would be a form of contract signed by the prospective buyer and evidence of the buyer's ability to pay.

Whether a lawyer would be willing to take the case on a contingent fee would depend on the amount of the commission that is due to you and the adequacy of your proofs.

I think that a lawyer closer to your place of business will answer your question. If not, give me a call and we can discuss details.

See also:

Read more
Answered on 11/03/06, 3:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New Jersey