Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New Jersey

I have inherited a house a few years ago. I live in another state and have been renting the house out but would like to sell it now. In order to sell my house in Oakland NJ I am required to have a new septic system built first. The original septic is 57 years old did not pass inspection. The problem is that either side lawn is too narrow for regular excavation equipment to get to the back yard. That means I will need the cooperation of one of my neighbors for temporary access through their property. Neither are very willing to grant me this access. I asked the Borough of Oakland if they could intervene since it was their law that required me to replace my septic system prior to the sale of the house in the first place. They told me that they do not get involved in this sort of thing and that the neighbors work it out. Is there a law that requires a neighbor to give me temporary access to allow me to have work done to install the new septic? Will I need to take my neighbor to court?

Thank you

Asked on 12/03/17, 7:12 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Larry Raiken Larry S Raiken LLC

I would be more than happy to meet with you . I have handled such as these and while there is no law this matter may be able to be resolved without going to court.

Read more
Answered on 12/04/17, 5:20 am
Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.

I think a letter from a lawyer could handle this without a problem. Call me at 1-855-9-JEFLAW to discuss

Read more
Answered on 12/04/17, 10:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New Jersey