Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New Jersey

My father-in-law passed away and at the time my husband’s nephew and the nephew’s 13 yo son lived with him. Neither are of good character and frankly we are concerned some assets are being removed from the house or sold. What options do we have to secure the assets? For example he has several guns and 3 classic cars, which I’m more concerned about damage to the vehicles as I have the titles that my FIL gave me to hold when he went to hospital. There’s also a lot of other assets such as antique furniture and tools. Also, what utilities are required to be continued to be paid?

Asked on 9/12/23, 12:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your father-in-law.

The fiduciary of the estate appointment by the court is responsible for securing the house and assets, and including paying the bills. Who was appointed by the court as personal representative?

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 9/12/23, 1:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New Jersey