Legal Question in Criminal Law in New York

Statutory Rape?Negligence

My 16 yr.old son was given liquor by his 21 yr.old supervisor. She got him intoxicated and coerced him into having sex with her.All of this took place on the job.

Who could be held liable for this incident?

The employor,the supervisor,both. Is this a civil or criminal matter? Do I have a case?

She claims it was consensual. He was under the influence of alcohol and not able to make such a decision

Asked on 8/11/04, 7:40 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Ziegler Ziegler, Ziegler & Associates LLP

Re: Statutory Rape?Negligence

Yes, there is a presumption that when any supervisor sexually harasses or molests a subordinate employee that they were overreaching. We have handled cases such as this. They are primarily civil cases (i.e. suing for monetary damages) and the cases can lead to criminal proceedings. If you wish, you may contact Chris Brennan of our office at 212-319-7600.

Read more
Answered on 8/12/04, 9:21 am
Robert Evans Robert S. Evans esq.

Re: Statutory Rape?Negligence

You have legal remedies in both the civil and criminal tribunals. It seems to be a very sensitive issue and therefore I am reluctant to offer specific information in this medium. It is somewhat similar to the very public Kobe Bryant case and the legal manuevering here must be delicate and precise in order to maximize you and your son's ability to be properly compensated.That being said I would very much like to assist you in this process,please call my office @718-834-0087 for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 8/12/04, 6:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New York