Legal Question in Elder Law in New York

Hi- My Mother is recently deceased. She had a Persons With Special Needs Trust set up by Medicaid so that she could be eligible for benefits there are still funds in that trust; however, My Mother did not have a will or Healthcare Proxy. How if at all can I protect the money from Medicaid?

Asked on 6/05/20, 10:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your mom.

This is a very complicated area of the law and unfortunately not one for which you can get answered by email. You have to go see a lawyer.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 6/08/20, 12:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in New York