Legal Question in Entertainment Law in New York

Music and entertainment.

I started working for an established artist as his manager, who revealed to me that a track he is credit as one of the producers with the artist, which went on to be one of the most sampled track in hip hop, he never received a penny. He told me that he was promised his money from the publishing, which he has never received. This track was released in 1987 and is still sampled today.

Does he have a legal right to sue for his publishing?

Asked on 8/22/16, 6:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Roman Fichman Esq. Law Practice of Roman Fichman Esq.

Generally speaking, yes he does a right to sue and possibly he is owed significant sums. There are some caveats, so need to discuss this with the artist.

Please have him call or write

Roman R. Fichman, Esq. │ @TheLegalist

email: Info (@) TheLegalists (dot) com

t e l : 2 1 2 -- 3 3 7 -- 9 8 3 7

Disclaimer: This post has been written for educational purposes only and was not meant to be legal advice and should not be construed as legal advice or be relied upon. No intention exists to create an attorney-client relationship or any other special relationship or privilege through this post. The post may contain errors, inaccuracies and/or omissions. You should always consult an attorney admitted to practice in your jurisdiction for specific advice. This post may be deemed as Attorney Advertising.

Read more
Answered on 8/25/16, 1:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Entertainment & Sport Law questions and answers in New York