Legal Question in Family Law in New York

Can I file for divorce in the NY if I am a UK resident? I married my wife in New York and she is an NY resident. Would I be able to file through an NY attorney from the UK? And how many times would I need to get forms notarized?

Asked on 11/13/12, 4:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kristen Browde Browde Law, P.C.

Yes, if your wife resides in New York you can file here. If the case is uncontested there would be four or five documents requiring notarization, depending upon the facts of your case.

Read more
Answered on 11/13/12, 4:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York