Legal Question in Family Law in New York

Can my husbands ex wife file for spousal support even though she was not granted any in their divorce?

Asked on 1/20/16, 11:18 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Kristen Browde Browde Law, P.C.

She can try - but it's not likely that she'll be successful as long as his divorce documents were properly prepared.

Read more
Answered on 1/20/16, 11:29 am
Philip Katz Fink & Katz, PLLC

While anyone can file anything, I know of no legal basis for an ex spouse to file for spousal support. However, if they have a child in common that the ex-wife is the physical custodian of, she can file for child support or an increase in child support.

Read more
Answered on 1/20/16, 11:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York