Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I am a mother of 2 who is seeking child support from my ex husband for our 15 year old son. I was fairly young when I had him and never aggressively sought child support because I handled everything with the help of my parents. I am currently not working, my son lives with me, and I have a 11 month old daughter with my fiance who is doing everything for my son. I feel my case is complicated because my ex husband now has a high level position within a government agency, remarried, and has a 2 year old son with his new wife. I just want what is fair for my son. He's a great kid and his father is neglecting him terribly. I can not afford a lawyer at the moment, but need to do something soon. Any advice is appreciated...thank you

Asked on 4/24/12, 10:53 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Kristen Browde Browde Law, P.C.

There's nothing complicated about it: file a petition in Family Court seeking child support.

Read more
Answered on 4/25/12, 3:08 am
Steve Brodsky Esq.

You should really have a lawyer help you ... If that's not possible, call the family court in the county in which you live and ask them how to file a petition for child support. Best of luck.

Read more
Answered on 4/25/12, 6:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York