Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I just recently found out my now ex had been having an inappropriate relationship with a co-worker while we were stilt married and was the real reason behind my divorce, they are now living together . Can I contest my divorce?

Asked on 5/09/17, 9:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Philip Katz Fink & Katz, PLLC

My first question in response to yours is, why would you want to reopen in the divorce? Would you want to be re-married to the person who was faithful to you? If the answer is no, I can tell you that generally there's no practical point or advantage to even trying to reopen the divorce, you are better off letting sleeping dogs lie .

In any event, it is highly unlikely that you could vacate the divorce, but of course, every case depends on the facts of that case, so if you wanted the best possible answer, you would have to take your divorce papers from your case to a lawyers office, have him or her review them, and give you a very specific opinion based on your specific facts.

Best of luck.

Read more
Answered on 5/10/17, 3:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York