Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I want to reopen my divorce as at the time filed he was a substance abuse user but always held his job. He was spending my rental homes checks while separated and had to do another refile Bankruptsy 13. 10K. Also he has never offered to pay our bills etc while separated and knew I could not live at my residence anymore with our dog. No money was provided from him at all. ? Have a few questions

Asked on 11/07/17, 10:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bunji Fromartz Fromartz Law Offices

You need to review the facts with a knowledgeable divorce attorney as each divorce action has its own set of facts. It would probably cost the least to go to your original attorney as they may remember the facts. A new lawyer would have to review the papers and hear your additional information to tell you if is possible to reopen., however, in general, if you knew the facts at the time of the divorce and they were not hidden from you there is a small likelihood of reopening the divorce. There may be another way to recover the money that a lawyer could suggest, but a through review would have to be done.

Read more
Answered on 11/21/17, 11:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York