Legal Question in Family Law in New York

how do I serve my son's father custody papers if I do not have his address? He has lived in Tampa, Fl for 2 years. I have had physical custody since birth. Paternity was established by default. Family court tracked him down for child support. He pays $25 a month. He has 6 other kids and brags about knowing the "ins and the outs" of family court. I have asked several mutual friends to help but no one wants to get involved.

Asked on 4/17/12, 12:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Steve Brodsky Esq.

You must be able to find him in order to serve him. If you cannot locate him, you must proceed with a "divorce by publication" which is a very expensive process. New York Divorce Lawyer

Read more
Answered on 4/18/12, 11:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York