Legal Question in Family Law in New York

my ex served me with divorce papers and until then, wasn't very interested in being in contact with me or our child. now he's messaging me on facebook asking to see our child whom he has not physically seen in nearly 2 years and the last time the child saw his father on Skype, was almost a year ago. His message on facebook is simple "can I facetime or Skype with our child". My son has been living with me in NY since his father and I separated October 2013( the child was 15 months old and will 3 in July). I don't want to jeopardize my chances of getting custody because of parental alienation but I also know I really don't want anything to do with this guy unless I legally have to. do I have to let him Skype with our child and if I have to, how do I go about it. We both have lawyers and our divorce is well underway.

Asked on 6/13/15, 4:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bunji Fromartz Fromartz Law Offices

As you have an attorney you should ask him. In general if you are already in court, the court will arrange visitation.

Read more
Answered on 7/15/15, 1:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York