Legal Question in Family Law in New York

In the state of NY, I am a pregnant & unmarried & 18 & jobless. Child's biological father is 29, earns 40,000 annually. Will he be able to take the child away from me? How can I not give him Custody/visitation rights & still get child support? Can I prove he's unfit because him & his household smokes marijuana daily & lives in a bad neighborhood?

Asked on 11/16/12, 8:35 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Yefim Rubinov Yefim Rubinov Attorney at Law

You have lots of issues. I suggest you consult an attorney at once. I have an office in Jamaica, NY and in Brooklyn, NY. Contact me if you wish a free consultation. My number is 347 612-6677

Read more
Answered on 11/16/12, 8:56 am

You will need to file petitions in the Family court. A more detailed answer cannot be given on the present facts.You can contact my email to discuss your options in a confidential setting.

Read more
Answered on 11/17/12, 3:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York