Legal Question in Family Law in New York

my wife has filed divorce papers am I possible to hget her pension we have been married for 6years she purchased the home before we got married. All I want know is the answer to that question. And what to expect.

Asked on 6/06/10, 11:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adelola Sheralynn Dow The Law Offices of Adelola Sheralynn Dow

You will be entitled to seek your share of the marital portion (6 years) of her retirement benefits. The manner in which those benefits will be disbursed to you will depend on the type of retirment benefits she has. You will want to hire an attorney to pursue this for you. Good Luck.

Read more
Answered on 6/06/10, 2:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York