Legal Question in Civil Litigation in New York

If a DC law firm has a litigator working out of NY, would the state and federal courts require the attorney to use a NY address for filings?

If so, what, if anything, needs to be filed with the NY Secretary of State (foreign corporation doing business?) What about the NY Office of Court Administration? Would we need to file anything with DC?

Asked on 8/31/12, 12:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Roman Fichman Esq. Law Practice of Roman Fichman Esq.

Much depends on the relationship between the NY attorney and the DC firm with respect to any equity the NY attorney may have with the DC firm, the nature of the employment and bar admissions.

Feel free to contact my office to properly address this matter.


Roman R. Fichman, Esq. │ @TheLegalist

(212) 337 - 9837

Read more
Answered on 9/01/12, 9:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in New York