Legal Question in Civil Litigation in New York

I loan my cousin $78,000.00 and he returned $20,000.00. It's been over 2 years and I need to know what legal action I can take to get my money.

Asked on 6/15/10, 1:30 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Pasquale Calcagno Calcagno & Associates, PLLC

You can bring a lawsuit against him. Was there a promissory note? Once you file a lawsuit, assuming you win, you would then get a judgment against him.

Call me for a free consultation to discuss this matter at 1(800)WE-FIGHT. We have convenient locations all over New York.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Read more
Answered on 6/15/10, 8:34 pm
Michael Markowitz Michael A. Markowitz, PC

You do not need a written promissory note for the return of your money. The fact that your cousin returned $20,000 indicates that money delivered was a loan and not a gift. However, I think you would need to commence a lawsuit.


Read more
Answered on 6/16/10, 5:31 am
Steve Brodsky Esq.

File a lawsuit. Call or email me if you need help.

Read more
Answered on 6/16/10, 1:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in New York