Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

My daughter came with a visa and overstayed in the country. I sponsored her and I will be getting citizenship soon. Will that speed up the process for her also? Thank you.

Asked on 6/25/19, 7:09 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

It depends on your daughter's age and if she is married or not. If she is unmarried & under 21 by the time you naturalize, then she'll be an immediate relative & can file for adjustment immediately. If she'll be over 21 &/or married, she will be prohibited from adjusting status & will remain in unlawful status.

Read more
Answered on 6/26/19, 7:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York