Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

Expired Green Card

I will like to know if I can travel here in the USA, with an expired green card. I am in NYC and will like to go to Texas. Thank You!!

Asked on 3/29/07, 2:59 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

William Frenkel Frenkel Sukhman LLP

Re: Expired Green Card

Even if you are allowed to board a domestic flight, you should apply for a replacement card as soon as you can to be able to prove your legal status without potential hassle if stopped by law enforcement and in other situations.

Read more
Answered on 3/29/07, 9:26 pm
Carolyn Goldfarb Carolyn S. Goldfarb, Esq.

Re: Expired Green Card

You are still a lawful permanent resident even if your card has expired. However, I don't believe you can board a plane and use that as one of your forms of photo ID's. You would need to call the airlines to find out what ID documents you need for boarding the plane. Probably an unexpired drivers license and passport will be OK.

Read more
Answered on 3/29/07, 11:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York