Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

Financial Aid and Immigration

Hello. I am a U.S. citizen. I filed for my husband's NY permanent residency in '04. He received it in '05. As part of the agreement, I submitted a notarized letter stating that I would not apply for government aid for 3 three years. Although the 3 years will be up in December, I am having financial difficulties and would like to apply for CT state DayCare assistance and possibly enroll in a mortgage debt program. Can I go for financial help before December? And does Immigration have a right to ban me from financial aid for 3 years? Thanks.

Asked on 3/27/07, 9:33 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nicholas Adamucci ADAMUCCI, LLC

Re: Financial Aid and Immigration

I would need to look at the documents involved. If you need help, you can contact me at [email protected].

Read more
Answered on 3/27/07, 9:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York