Legal Question in Intellectual Property in New York

My company owns a name that is a registered trademark in the USA. That trademarked name is clearly being appropriated by an imposter in Canada and being promoted worldwide through social media. Is there a way to go after them without registering a Canadian trademark? Or should I wait until I register a Canadian trademark to go after them? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Asked on 3/13/15, 9:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Roman Fichman Esq. Law Practice of Roman Fichman Esq.

You should consider having a worldwide trademark registered pursuant to the Madrid Convention. It's costlier than a US trademark application, but if your mark is important to you and if you could stand to lose considerable sums of money then it's an absolute must.

Give me a call for additional help.

Roman R. Fichman, Esq. │ @TheLegalist

email: Info (@) TheLegalists (dot) com

t e l : 2 1 2 -- 3 3 7 -- 9 8 3 7

Disclaimer: This post has been written for educational purposes only and was not meant to be legal advice and should not be construed as legal advice or be relied upon. No intention exists to create an attorney-client relationship or any other special relationship or privilege through this post. The post may contain errors, inaccuracies and/or omissions. You should always consult an attorney admitted to practice in your jurisdiction for specific advice. This post may be deemed as Attorney Advertising.

Read more
Answered on 3/13/15, 10:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in New York