Legal Question in Investment Law in New York

my grandma has alzeimers. My uncle her only son is locked up for upto 3 years. I have a proxy for my grandmas health. My grandma owns a co-op how do I protect her finances including her co-op. What do I need to do. I am 20 years old. I am attending school, but do not have a job.

Asked on 5/17/11, 5:11 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Roman Fichman Esq. Law Practice of Roman Fichman Esq.

You should consult with an attorney that practices in the area of wills and estates. I can give you a couple of names of colleauges who may be able to help you.

Roman R. Fichman, Esq. │ @TheLegalist

email: Info (at) TheLegalist (dot) com

t e l : 2 1 2 -- 3 3 7 -- 9 8 3 7

Disclaimer: This post has been written for educational purposes only and was not meant to be legal advice and should not be construed as legal advice or be relied upon. The post may contain errors, inaccuracies and/or omissions. You should always consult an attorney admitted to practice in your jurisdiction for specific advice. This post may be deemed as Attorney Advertising.

Read more
Answered on 5/17/11, 10:39 pm

In the first instance, I agree with Mr. Fichman.

Furthermore, you have to apply to court to be designated as her guardian and preferrably executor of her estate, when she passes on. Is there a will? You might as well kill two birds with one stone.

It would not hurt if your uncle voluntarily provides you with consent to become her guardian and see to her affairs, including the sale of her cooperative apt.

If you do not have the resources, contact the local Bar Association in your county to see how they can help. Furthermore, you may try to approach your local Law School or University Clinic and inquire as to the resources they may be able to furnish you.

Read more
Answered on 5/18/11, 8:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Investment Law questions and answers in New York