Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in New York

My lawyers phone is disconnected. All emails don't go thru. I found on a site they are closed even tho we talked to him in sept 2017. Also site said to contact the nassau county dist attorneys office. I have a april9th status/comp conference. What do i do?

Asked on 3/20/18, 2:27 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Eric Rothstein Rothstein Law PLLC

Who is the lawyer? Is it Alan Ross? You may have to hire a new lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 3/20/18, 2:41 pm
Tanya Gendelman Law Offices of Tanya Gendelman, P.C.

It appears that your attorney's office has been closed by Nassau County District Attorney, you should call them and ask for a copy of your file. You probably need to hire new counsel, if you want to discuss your case, you can call our office at 718-616-1414 and/or email us at [email protected] with details of your case.

Read more
Answered on 3/20/18, 2:43 pm

An attorney may not want to provide you with a retainer before reviewing your file and your allegations. Attend the status conference personally and advise the judge of your situation to obtain an adjournment. Your previous attorney will claim a lien for his services on your file. You need time to put your legal affairs in order.

Read more
Answered on 3/20/18, 4:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in New York