Legal Question in Personal Injury in New York

If someone isn't on my insurance crashes my car what can I do?

Asked on 5/14/11, 4:29 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Krigsfeld William Schwitzer & Associates, P.C.

As long as they had your permission to use the vehicle then they will be covered by the loss, as long as therew are no other policy violations.

Read more
Answered on 5/14/11, 5:39 pm

You should notify your insurance company immediately to report the accident in case an action is brought against you for property damages or injuries. You need to protect yourself.

If the person was driving your vehicle with permission, he likewise is covered under your policy.

Read more
Answered on 5/15/11, 8:34 pm
Michael E. Zuller Zuller Law Offices

So long as the driver was operating your vehicle with permission, there will likely be coverage. But report the accident to your broker or insurance carrier now. Do not wait. Best, M.E. Zuller

Read more
Answered on 5/16/11, 10:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New York